Keeping our children safe is a top priority of parents and caring adults especially in the context of sexual health. In this episode, I talk with licensed clinical social worker and sex therapist, Kristin Hambridge (aka 'SexStuffwithKristin'), about strategies caring adults can use to promote body autonomy, self-awareness and a sense of safety within our children. Kristin explains the concept of 'tricky people,' why it is important to allow your child choice, fostering healthy body boundaries, and teaching your child how to connect with their gut instincts. She emphasizes that these strategies are not about being scared but being prepared.
- Safely Ever After, Inc by Pattie Fitzgerald
- 'Do You Have a Secret? (Let's Talk About It!) by Jennifer Moore-Mallinos
- RAINN (Rape Abuse & Incest National Network)- Safety Support for Parents
- Additional resources for families
And as always:
- Be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube for regular sex-positive content and updates.
- Sign up for our email list and receive your free download of 'Preparing for the Sex Talks: An Action Plan for Parents & Caretakers.'
- Shop sex-positive swag and merchandise for parents, caring adults and sexual health advocates here.
- Leave a review in iTunes to let us know how much you’re enjoying the podcast. This gives us great feedback from our community as well as expands the reach and visibility so we can serve more families!